Satellite Data Processing Research Engineer
Rayference is recruiting a motivated Satellite Data Processing Research Engineer who wish to work in a dynamic research environment. The successful candidate will be responsible
- operate, maintain and improve a versatile satellite data processing chain written in python and C++ for the generation of demonstration data sets with our CISAR algorithm;
- monitor the quality of the processed data and perform the scientific validation of the results;
- prepare validation reports;
- contribute to the design, development and improvements of scientific algorithms.
Rayference, is a young innovative company located in Brussels involved in research and development activities in radiative transfer modelling, inverse modelling, satellite data processing and retrieval algorithm development. It is also specialised in remote sensing data radiometric calibration and the elaboration of new metrological concepts applied to satellite observations dedicated to climate and environment monitoring.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent;
- 1 – 3 years of proven experience of programming in Python, C/C++ and distributed computing;
- Good knowledge of the UNIX environment (Mac OS / Linux, bash commands);
- Experience in Earth Observation data processing, inverse modelling, optimisation methods and formats such as NetCDF is an asset.
- Excellent skills to fulfil the assigned tasks with great level of autonomy and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to plan his/her work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- Good sense of teamwork;
- The ability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation and a strong interest for scientific topics such as numerical computing are decisive advantages;
- Strong motivation to contribute to the development of a young innovative company.
The successful candidate will be involved in European research projects and shall be capable of presenting her/his work in international meetings. The position is located in Brussels. Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory. Rayference is offering attractive working conditions for passionate scientists and engineers. To apply, please send to recruitment AT rayference.eu :
- A cover letter explaining the applicant’s interest in the position, highlight relevant qualifications and achievments, and including links to examples of relevant prior work;
- a detailed CV;
- email and affiliation of references;
- marks obtained at university.